How to open google chrome browser inside access form (1 Viewer)

Haransr

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:26
I am creating an application where I need to use WhatsApp web to send some messages. Using shell function I am doing it now. But this opens up a new chrome window. I want to open chrome inside access form. Is there anyway I can do this.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 22:56
If it has to be Chrome, then I don't believe so.
However you can use a Web browser control in an Access form. This will use IE no matter what your default browser is

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:56
as said, you will need to add a WebBrowser Control to your Form.

you set the ControlSource of the webbrowser control to the address of Whatsapp web.

Me.WebBrowser0.ControlSource = "=""https://web.whatsapp.com/"""

Haransr

Local time
Thanks Isladogs and Arnelgp for your reply.
Yea I can use web browser control but it opens IE and WhatsApp web is not working in IE. But it works with Edge is there anyway to use edge in the web browser control.

Haransr

Local time
Hi
I already tried this method by changing the registry to edge but it is not working. But when I open WhatsApp web in edge browser it is working. I couldn’t figure out why. I did the same what is mentioned in the post I mean changed registry emulation to 11001.
Any help please

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Can you supply the link that doesn't work for you in a Web browser control. I'll see if I can get it to work for you
EDIT : Is it the link shown in post #3?

Haransr

Local time
Yes @isladogs the link is the same shown in #3.
Thank you so much for your effort. This would be really helpful.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I tried this with both a standard web browser and the ActiveX web browser control and tried various browser emulation settings
Unfortunately I can't get it to work either. I either got script errors or this outcome:
1598350626887.png

I did find this link that may be worth you looking into: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/
However, its work in progress and I've no idea whether it can be incorporated into an Access project

Haransr

Local time
Yea I also got the same error which you have shown as screenshot. Anyway thank you so much for your efforts to help. Will post here if I could find some solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom