How to recover my partition on my laptop (1 Viewer)

amunafc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:48
Folks

I have lost my data on a partioned disk. It used to be called D: and now its E:
Folks how do you I recover a letter and the data in it? I hope there is a simple way of doing that.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:48
The letter assigned to the drive has basically nothing to do with what is on the drive. The Operating System assigns those letters when it boots and will move things down or up depending on what hardware is found. Are you using Windows XP?

amunafc

Registered User.
Local time
No am using Windows Vista

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Have you added anything new to the system? What convinces you that your data is gone? How did you lose a partition on the drive?

amunafc

Registered User.
Local time
originally there was Windows Vista, then it crashed. I re-Installed windows using Original Vista Recovery CD, and happened that D: drive has been deleted and there is Zero data. The drive letter has also been changed to E:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm sorry but that's about all I can offer. I know essentially nothing about Vista.

lapwlover

Local time
Today, 06:48
free partition recovery software - EaseUS Partition Recovery it can recover your whole partition.
data recovery wizard, it can recover you lost data on the partition, then you can format you partition.
both of them are reliable recovery software.

IAmNotABot

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:48
In the search box in windows start menu, type "disk management" (without quotes). I am not sure what the shortcut is, but know the search will find it.

On this screen, look for unallocated space. If there is one, then it is likely your recovery deleted that partion and recovery would be quite slim. If there is a space that does not have a letter assigned to it, then right-click and change drive letters. Once you do this, you should be able to read it. Although not required, it is highly recommended that after you change the drive letter to restart the computer.

Adam101

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:48
Well you guys have a good suggestion so please help me in one more issue. I have a Dell N5010 with 640 GB hard drive, please conform me that is what Dell tells me?
This time right now all I have is 129 GB partition active with Windows 7 that 64-bit running on it.
Installed paragon hard disk manager it indicates:
It has a 100 MB logic desk with 10 MB use for restoring my computer..
Now help me to recover my full hard drive partition..Thanks in advance..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom