How to resave a make query to non-make (1 Viewer)

got_access:]

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:23
Hi All,
When one saves a MAKE query - it is saved in the navigation pate with an exclamation point. I know that one cay open this in design mode and run it in datasheet view to change it back to a NON-MAKE query. And then re-save it.

But it is still saved as a MAKE-query in the navigation pane.
Is there anyway to switch it back perminently to a NON-MAKE query?

Thanks

Belay that request!
I figured it out - toggling off the MAKE icon in the editor and then saving it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Not sure if you're I understand. If you have a Make-Table query (with the Exclamation Point) and open it in Design View, and then click on the Select button on the Ribbon and then Save and Close the query, the exclamation point doesn't go away?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:23
I know that one cay open this in design mode and run it in datasheet view to change it back to a NON-MAKE query
running in datasheet view is just showing the data (i.e. just running the select part of it), you have not changed it from a make table to a select query

got_access:]

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks all!

I wanted to make sure there was a way to convert it from a MAKE query to a NON-MAKE query. And yes, by opening it in design mode and then toggling off the MAKE button - and then re-saving it - it converts it to a NON-MAKE query

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:23
having done that, if you still need the make table, base it on your select query

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom