Question How to share db used security wizard? (1 Viewer)

maytaha

Local time
Today, 04:43
I created *.mdb database and I used (user-level security wizard) to give each user a username and a password. The dB file is saved in D: drive. The security wizard created a shortcut on the desktop to open the dB through it. After using that wizard I cannot open the database directly from drive D:.If I try to open it , it says"You don't have necessary permissions to use the database".
Now, there are many users should use this db through the network . How can I share it?

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:43
[FONT=EX_CFF_Tahoma][FONT=EX_CFF_Tahoma][FONT=EX_CFF_Tahoma][FONT=EX_CFF_Tahoma]Um………….. I’m not sure about the security wizard but have you tried using a front and back end?
[FONT=EX_CFF_Tahoma]On the back end you will have a table with all your user’s account’s that you place on the server.[/FONT]
[FONT=EX_CFF_Tahoma]Then on the front end you have them login with their user name and password and then check the linked back end user table to find their account information.[/FONT]
[FONT=EX_CFF_Tahoma]When linking to the back end, don’t browse, type in the actual address so you skip linking it through a specific drive. I learned the hard way on this one!! Lol[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom