How to talk to a programmer (1 Viewer)

willamtarker

Banned
Local time
Today, 04:01
Very nice thread. I really liked it. I would like to share one thing that my husband is a programmer and after reading this thread I think I have to follow a different way to talk with him...

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:01
Why have posts on this thread been deleted overnight?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 07:01
Why have posts on this thread been deleted overnight?

The only deleted posts I see are from spam posts? :confused:

jack.19987

Local time
I suggest you if you are not professional than you have to contact with the IT person talk him about the problem and say to solve your problem.

mebaria

Local time
Today, 14:01
This is great information. I am new to this forum and I am trying to learn about access. Last week I had a big problem with access and I found a savior of my life in this site. I know access in a basic way, I want to learn more about it and mainly I would like to learn more about the programming side. If any one here is kind to tell me what to read to learn more I will appreciate any help.

Petros

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:01
I am a beginner, i am interested in my application that returns high value for me and my colleagues. The value lays in the satisfaction of something created by an end user. It gets the job done and it involves co workers in the daily process. It’s far from perfect, but it works. I will never become a programmer, i am simply too stupid for that J...

If i ask too much i would appreciate a moderator to say so..

I have spent at least 500 out of office hrs on this application, and i will most probably spend 500 more..all for free and all because of the satisfaction it returns...

I appreciate very much the effort made by the moderators and other registered users in sharing information...

Thank You all!

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I am a beginner, i am interested in my application that returns high value for me and my colleagues. The value lays in the satisfaction of something created by an end user. It gets the job done and it involves co workers in the daily process. It’s far from perfect, but it works. I will never become a programmer, i am simply too stupid for that J...

If i ask too much i would appreciate a moderator to say so..

I have spent at least 500 out of office hrs on this application, and i will most probably spend 500 more..all for free and all because of the satisfaction it returns...

I appreciate very much the effort made by the moderators and other registered users in sharing information...

Thank You all!

depends how big it is - 500 may be good, or it may be a lot

the question is - if you did it again from scratch - would you do it differently, and would it take less time?

good luck

Petros

Registered User.
Local time
I would have done it differently, not much, but never the less, differently. I am currently upgrading to SQL 2008 and i take this opportunity to restart... It takes time to understand how to end the chess game :).. Access and VBA is huge..and thats the beauty of it..everyone can participate.. And this is a good place to learn playing "chess"..indeed!

warezcc

Banned
Local time
This is great information. I am new to this forum and I am trying to learn about access.

xtopher

Local time
Awwww, this is very good illustration to those who does not know how to ask questions nor how to show respect when asking your questions. Nice write up, I bet you loads of people really learn from this. More to come!

res1122

Local time
I quite disagree on merging this article with Programmer. In fact the Programmer article maybe more worthy of revisiting today, being of such high connection to Computer Programming, which in turn can be argued to be an increasingly limited term in comparison with Software development as a large umbrella that can cover both development computers, phones and other growing classes of devices. Thus, IMO, it makes more sense to focus on Software Developer/Development as a more general criteria from which we can link computer programming.

jack9

Banned
Local time
Thanks for the good insight this will help .This is good for those who cannot say what they want to say.

nucem140

Local time
I am new to this forum and this is the first post that I have read. Very useful advice and I will do my best to be an asset to this forum; however that may be a challenge due to my limited knowledge on programming. Thanks again for the great advice.

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
How to talk to a programmer.........with a gun to his head ;)

zubersurati

Registered User.
Local time
And what you do , Where you go when you get Sarcastic Comments ?
Gurus, Gods and Expert we bow down ... but hard to leave with those
sarcastic comments and attitudes. "You scratch my back I will scratch yours"
jumping in and making fun.No doubt leaving forum is easy way out.

Salute, and regard to those considerate and helping. There are many
to list them all.

Thanks
Zubersurati

Petros

Registered User.
Local time
I don’t remember the name of a great American comedian that commented the ongoing debate regarding “Earth Ecological Catastrophe, global heating, etc etc” with these words..

“- The planet will take care of itself, it will survive and thrive..Mother Earth works perfectly well...The people on the planet is the issue..”

I was around when Lisa was launched and the first Commodore. Applications and hardware has developed since those days, immensely. But the “Users” development is not paired with that of the software and machines / systems it runs on. That is the beauty with Access..you can develop in your own pace and i can’t remember one single occasion during all these years that my questions directed to a developer, MVP or other persons related to this trade, ever been returned with sarcasm. Many of us take for granted that a professional should share ALL his/her knowledge for free..and that..immediately! Don’t think it works that way.

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
Hi ZuberSurati & Petros,

Being francophone, I also participate in a Franco-French forum. Contrarily to this forum, french posters/experts are vainglorious and can be obnoxious. My attitude is simple: 'vas te faire foutre connard'. Développez did not kicked me out because my posts are clear, accurate and above all, they work.

I have noticed comments on the quality of written english. Well, this is a world wide forum and one must admit that english is not necessarily the world first language.

Regards,
JLCantara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom