How to use a report as a template?? (1 Viewer)

ostersen

Local time
Today, 01:00
Hello Everyone!

I'm in a bit of a mess. I'm building my first larger database for an organization which visits schools delivering education. Before we visit a school we make a 'contract' which we send by snailmail to the school. I have a vision on how to solve my problem with Access but I don't know how to get there.

I want a table where all the appointments are (with schoolname, date, time, educator and so on).

And then I want a report that has to work as a template in a way. So that I can make the report look like our contract and make access fill in the neccesary information from the table described above - so it's ready to be printed. Is it possible (and how) to make a query when clicking the report, you have to write the date and the school name, and then the report is filled with the matching post from the table?

Please help

\Jesper

Velosai

Registered Headache Cause
Local time
Today, 00:00
The only thing I can suggest is that you create a sample output, with how you want the layouts and the text, then split it into static data and what the database will hold. Then you can decide how to progress from there.

When doing reports, I always find easy to do it that way, then I can decide what the best route is. Remember, it doesn't have to be a report, Access can export as a RTF or into bookmarks on a Word document or template.

ostersen

Local time
Today, 01:00
Access can export as a RTF or into bookmarks on a Word document or template.

How is it you export a single post into different places in a word doc/template? :confused:

- Haven't really worked that much with exporting access data...

Velosai

Registered Headache Cause
Local time
Today, 00:00
What you do is create a bookmark in the document, then using VBA on Access side you can open up that document, find the bookmark and insert the data you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom