HTML EMAIL (1 Viewer)

tubar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:26
Im having trouble getting a web link in the body of my email. Any guidance?
Code:
Private Sub email_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)

STARTBODY = "<html><head><style type='text/css'> body { font: 11pt Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; } </style></head><body> "
 ENDBODY = "</body></htlm>"
Dim msg As String
  msg = "<HTML><BODY> Hi " & Me.first_name & ",<br/></HTML>"
  msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> Im Trevor, I program and design the digital signage at the MCC.<br/></HTML>"
  msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> I have attached some quick sheets for you that will list resolutions and formats. <br/><br/></HTML>"
  msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> John Eberlein wanted me to supply you with the " & Me.morebody & " documents. <br/></HTML>"
  If Me.wfopt = True Then
 msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> Wayfinding might feel a little overwhelming to design because there are seven signs and each sign may have a different arrow direction. So we can combat that a few ways. <br/><br/></HTML>"
 If Me.kiopt = True Then
 msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> 1. If you design the kiosk with adobe and it contains the show logo, send me the adobe file. I can then create the branded wayfinding based on that <br/></HTML>"
 ElseIf Me.ehopt = True Then
 msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> 1. If you design the exhall with adobe and it contains the show logo, send me the adobe file. I can then create the branded wayfinding based on that <br/></HTML>"
 ElseIf Me.viopt = True Then
  msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> 1. If you design the visitor information center with adobe and it contains the show logo, send me the adobe file. I can then create the branded wayfinding based on that <br/></HTML>"
  ElseIf Me.ohopt = True Then
   msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> 1. If you design the overhead with adobe and it contains the show logo, send me the adobe file. I can then create the branded wayfinding based on that <br/></HTML>"
End If
  msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> 2. Send me a high resolution logo with transparency saved as .png <br/></HTML>"
  msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> 3. If you feel up to the challenge, I will send you an adobe photoshop template and a pdf with arrow direction and the sign it corresponds to. <br/><br/></HTML>"
  Else
  End If
  msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> Let me know if you need additional documents, templates or have any other digital signage programming or design needs! <br/></HTML>"
  msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> Thanks " & Me.first_name & " <br/></HTML>"
msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> <br/></HTML>"
msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> Here is a link to Overhead Signage Sponsorship Example<br/></HTML>"
msg = msg & "<URL>www.panambc.com<URL>"
msg = msg & "<HTML><BODY> <br/></HTML>"

Dim O As Outlook.Application
Dim M As Outlook.MailItem

Set O = New Outlook.Application
Set M = O.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With M
    .BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
    .HTMLBody = STARTBODY & msg & ENDBODY  'Add HTML & CSS formatting
    .To = Me.email
    .Subject = "Signage Question " & Me.SHOW.Column(1) & ""

If Me.wfopt = True Then
    .Attachments.Add "F:\Dropbox (MCCVideo)\MCCVideo Team Folder\Share Folder\DIGITAL SIGNAGE\QUICK SHEETS\" & Me.wffile & ".pdf"
   Else
   End If
   If Me.ehopt = True Then
    .Attachments.Add "F:\Dropbox (MCCVideo)\MCCVideo Team Folder\Share Folder\DIGITAL SIGNAGE\QUICK SHEETS\" & Me.ehfile & ".pdf"
   Else
 End If
 If Me.viopt = True Then
     .Attachments.Add "F:\Dropbox (MCCVideo)\MCCVideo Team Folder\Share Folder\DIGITAL SIGNAGE\QUICK SHEETS\" & Me.vifile & ".pdf"
    Else
    End If
    If Me.ohopt = True Then
        .Attachments.Add "F:\Dropbox (MCCVideo)\MCCVideo Team Folder\Share Folder\DIGITAL SIGNAGE\QUICK SHEETS\" & Me.ohfile & ".pdf"
    Else
    End If
    If Me.kiopt = True Then
        .Attachments.Add "F:\Dropbox (MCCVideo)\MCCVideo Team Folder\Share Folder\DIGITAL SIGNAGE\QUICK SHEETS\" & Me.kifile & ".pdf"
        Else
        End If
        If Me.omopt = True Then
            .Attachments.Add "F:\Dropbox (MCCVideo)\MCCVideo Team Folder\Share Folder\DIGITAL SIGNAGE\QUICK SHEETS\" & Me.omfile & ".pdf"
            Else
            End If

.Display
    SendKeys "^+{END}", True
SendKeys "{END}", True
End With

Set M = Nothing
Set O = Nothing
End Sub

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 15:26
Not ending <URL> correctly?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:26
Try using <a href> instead.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Few notes:

1. Why 3 variables for your HTML? Have msg hold everything.

2. Typo in ENDBODY, <htlm>

3. You don't need <HTML> nor <BODY> at the beginning and ending of every line. In fact, for email, you don't need them at all.

4. CSS should be inline. <STYLE> tags are hit and miss in email clients. So instead of that section, just put that styling on the element itself: <body style="font:...

5. There's no such thing as a <URL> tag. Hyperlinks use the <A> tag:

6. Write your HTML seperately from your VBA. Open a text editor and write your HTML there. Save and open in a browser to see how its rendered. Fix your errors, save again and keep doing that until you get the look you want. Then move that HTML to VBA.

tubar

Registered User.
Local time
Try using <a href> instead.
Code:
msg = msg & "<a href=" & Chr(34) & "http://yahoo.com" & Chr(34) & ">Overhead Sponsor Example</a>"
That Worked! Thank you!!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:26
Code:
msg = msg & "<a href=" & Chr(34) & "http://yahoo.com" & Chr(34) & ">Overhead Sponsor Example</a>"
That Worked! Thank you!!
Glad we could assist. Good luck with your project.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:26
I hope you also removed all the <HTML><BODY> and </HTML> from your code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom