html tags in report after edit table data (1 Viewer)

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:06
I imported text from a word doc via an excel table (paste word data into excel file, link into access then run append query into local access table). Results are printed out to pdf. Datatype for field is Long and report field is plain text.

• If I print out the data as is, all looks fine.
  • If I correct a typo in the data directly in the access table and then print the report, it seems to get wrapped in html tags.
  • The only way so far to get around this is to delete the data, correct it in the excel file and reimport.

One of the text fields on the report has conditional formatting, could that be why? (wouldn't explain why the other text field exhibits same behavior without formatting)
Code:
[correct]=True And [txtHideAnswers]="No"
Example:
1. Why is these problem occurring?

After editing data output looks like:
1. <div>Why is this problem occurring?</div>

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Rich text format (RTF) is represented internally with HTML. I'd expect something like you are getting if the table's long text field is set to RTF and the report's field is plain text as you said it is. I'd first try making both RTF as that might preserve some of the initial formatting. If that doesn't work then make them both plain text.

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks sneuberg. I took another look at the table design general properties and one of the long fields was plain text, the other was rich text. I changed it to plain and it no longer displays html tags. Now that I recall, I think originally I had all as rich text and discovered that there was a truncation issue on the report and changed the text boxes on the report to plain text and the fields in the table, but looks like I didn't change all affected fields in the table properties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom