Hyperlink problem (1 Viewer)

reptar

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:51
G'day everyone, i have source table which has a hyperlink textfield. I have this textfield in a form and its "Is Hyperlink" property set to "Yes". When i view the form with a URL in the textfield, i am unable to get a web browser to open with i click on the link. Any ideas as to how i might be able to overcome this problem.

Reptar

ansentry

Access amateur
Local time
Today, 09:51
Have a look at the attached sample, it shows you a coupe of way to use hyperlinks.

Attachments

• Hyperlink&WebBrowser.zip
    76.8 KB · Views: 226

reptar

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:51
Cheers Mate, appreciate it :)

** TOPIC FINISHED **

Luddite Lad

Registered User.
Local time
I down loaded the sample DB, as I had just been having a play with Hyperlinks in a DB I'm working on. The problem I had noticed was that, in my DB, when the link is clicked it opened in MS Explorer (not my default browser).

So when I opened the sample DB and saw on the bottom of "FrmLinks_List" the legend
Double Click Hyperlink in "Web Address", WAIT and it will open in your default browser.
I thought I had discovered the solution to my problems, but no I was disappointed to find that the link once again opened in MS Explorer.

So my question is this; is there a way of getting links to open in a browser other than MS Explorer?

ansentry

Access amateur
Local time
I just tried my sample using this method and it works fine with Firefox 1.5.0.7
So when I opened the sample DB and saw on the bottom of "FrmLinks_List" the legend
Quote:
Double Click Hyperlink in "Web Address", WAIT and it will open in your default browser.

When I use the frmLinks it works but I can't tell what browser access is using as I can't see the address bar.

My default browser in Internet options is set to Firefox and my other browser is IE7.

Have a look at the attached screen dump and you will see that it works for me.
Not the best, but if you zoom it you will "Mozilla Firefox"

Last edited:

Luddite Lad

Registered User.
Local time
Hi John

Yes I can see that it appears to work fine for you.

I'm using FireFox as my default browser, but Access is stubbornly spawning an IE browser when ever I click on a hyperlink, whether it is your DB or my own. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere in the depths of windows that I have not yet found that needs to be changed. Any ideas?

Luddite Lad

Registered User.
Local time
Strange; no problems on my lap top which is set up "essentially" the same, so there must be something just a little different :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom