I just wanted to say...... (1 Viewer)

dxp

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:45
I just wanted to say... what a wonderful resource this forum is, without it and the willingness to help and patience of the members and moderators to help others I would have given up looooong ago on my project. It is however becoming addictive, not a day goes by without my forum "fix" and I don't seem to be able to get to bed before 2am, her who must be obeyed is getting suspicious but I just cant help myself searching for answers and trying to increase my knowledge (limited as it still is) I think I have a problem...A BIG thankyou to everone:D

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I understand where you are coming from. I started here a long time ago and when I did I had very little knowledge. Most of mine has come from posters like Pat Hartman, Rich, Jack Cowley, raskew and more. I have been increasingly answering questions and asking them less and less. It's a transformation of sorts and I am "hooked" like you. I feel a sense of ownership with this forum as I've grown up on it, so-to-speak.

So, thanks for the thank you and hopefully you'll be a community member and contributor for many years to come.

JonyBravo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:45
I 100% agree. Just to reenforce what you two said before it's loads times I have a question was already made for someone else and I just need to read the reply.

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Yesterday, 22:45
I started the same way. Took a class in college, felt competent enough to design for work and realized i knew nothing.. but thanks to this i found all the answers i needed and now i try to help.
boB is my mentor. He'll never steer you astray. I on the other hand may! ;)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
He'll never steer you astray.
Not intentionally, just like you wouldn't Ray, but I still have my "brain fart" moments, plus I still have a lot to learn when it comes to Access. I think it's a never ending cycle. I just happen to think I know more than I don't know at this point. But I still get corrected at times here and still have those, "WOW! I didn't know that!" moments.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though :)

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Yesterday, 22:45
but I still have my "brain fart" moments,

"WOW! I didn't know that!" moments.

Few and far between im sure. if it werent for "brain farts". id think i was brain dead :D

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
I'm a minor player here but the addiction is strong! :)

I'm constantly amazed by the generosity of the regular posters who give freely of their knowledge to mugs like me. The least I can do is to pass along what I've learned if I see a question I think I can answer. Sometimes I learn something new when testing my answers before I post, and I benefit too.

And then there's the times you know one method to solve a problem (10 lines of barely coherant code), and then some clever b*stard comes along with a one-line solution that is so elegant and simple it drives you insane!:D

Great stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom