Question IDBE Ribbon Creator/Conceptual tabs (1 Viewer)

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:37
Hi all,

I've been using IDBE Ribbon Creator lately to create customised ribbons and I must say it is great and easy to learn/use.

I've came across a small obstacle regarding conceptual tabs. It seems that if I have any subform or form in datasheet view, whatever Ribbon that is assigned to that form will be over written with the Datasheet conceptual tab.

This confuses the users and so far I can't find a good way to stop this from happening. The only way is to manually add the following line of code to the XML generated by IDBE everytime the Ribbon has been updated:

Code:
[COLOR=blue]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#a31515]contextualTabs[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]>[/COLOR]   [COLOR=blue]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#a31515]tabSet[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]idMso[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]=[/COLOR][COLOR=black]"[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]TabSetFormDatasheet[/COLOR][COLOR=black]"[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]visible[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]=[/COLOR][COLOR=black]"[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]false[/COLOR][COLOR=black]"[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]/>[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]</[/COLOR][COLOR=#a31515]contextualTabs[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]>[/COLOR]

I am wondering if anyone have a better way ?

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:37
That is a single line of code. How much better can you get? What are you expecting?

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:37
It's not the line of code that's a problem but rather finding a way around this. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I haven't discovered yet using IDBE hence why I am posting. There's no official forums for IDBE and the support emails only handle support calls.

Anyway, I've found out that by inserting the code once, running the DB and then removing the code seem to have remedied the problem. Leaving the code in doesn't seem to help as the ribbons will not change dynamically.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:37
This is not a bug. The datasheet form by default will appear while any form with a datasheet view has the focus. Explicitly telling Access not to display the contextual datasheet tab is the only way to not have this happen. What seems more odd is that you removed the line and the datasheet tab no longer appears, it actually should be there now. I recommend that you leave that line your your xml. Besides, what harm is it causing?

I'm really puzzled by your concern over this. Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with IDBE. The only thing that program does is create the xml, insert the USysRibbons table, and insert a module or two into your project. What your describing is normal Access behavior.

raphael99

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:37
Hi all,

I've been using IDBE Ribbon Creator lately to create customised ribbons and I must say it is great and easy to learn/use.

I've came across a small obstacle regarding conceptual tabs. It seems that if I have any subform or form in datasheet view, whatever Ribbon that is assigned to that form will be over written with the Datasheet conceptual tab.

This confuses the users and so far I can't find a good way to stop this from happening. The only way is to manually add the following line of code to the XML generated by IDBE everytime the Ribbon has been updated:

Code:
[COLOR=blue]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#a31515]contextualTabs[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]>[/COLOR]   [COLOR=blue]<[/COLOR][COLOR=#a31515]tabSet[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]idMso[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]=[/COLOR][COLOR=black]"[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]TabSetFormDatasheet[/COLOR][COLOR=black]"[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]visible[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]=[/COLOR][COLOR=black]"[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]false[/COLOR][COLOR=black]"[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]/>[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]</[/COLOR][COLOR=#a31515]contextualTabs[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]>[/COLOR]

I am wondering if anyone have a better way ?

Where did you add that code? I got similar problem but I don't know where to add

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom