Idea, Design & Welcome suggestions (1 Viewer)

KadeFoster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:34
Hey All,

OK I want to post my idea here and see what you all think, am wanting know how complicated it is.

I have attached what i am trying to turn into a database. It looks simple i guess but i would like to:

1. Have drop downs for names

2. Enter all info for the day - as its done at the end of a shift

3. Would like the ability to add jobs by pressing a button [+] type thing

4. the ability for the vehicle status to integrate into a vehicle booking system that generates an email to the person that booked vehicle telling them that its is broken down/location/ what not.

5. For the whole handover to be emailed to some one when the person that enters the data presses submit.

6. The ability to generated an email to the relevant rock mechanic if an inspection is due.

7. All has to be may easy to use (as my supervisor has no idea) and easy to navigate. Don't want any one going into the database was thinking a webpage or infopath form.

I have been very general here but thats the gist of what i am after any questions feel free to ask .

There is more to it then this but this covers most of it

Attachments

• Handover - 27.03.12.xls
    40 KB · Views: 146

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:34
Your question is too broad. You seem to be asking for someone to design the application for you and I doubt that will happen.

Try starting with defining some tables and we'll get through those questions and then move on to interface design. Do a little reading on database normalization. Just a little advice on creating table/column and other object names - don't use embedded spaces or special characters. Stick to a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and the underscore "_". I prefer CamelCase style but others prefer using the_underscore to separate words. Also be careful to avoid using reserved words and in particular VBA function and property names such as Name, Date, Month, Sum, etc. Compound words are more descriptive and will rarely result in a conflict - CustName, LastName, FirstName, TranDate, ActionDate, PostedMonth, VendorSum, etc.

Severin

Snr. Developer
Local time
Yesterday, 22:34
I will build it for you and make the user interface simple. Please send additional info to .. thanks got it...

Last edited:

KadeFoster

Registered User.
Local time
I think i have worked out the tables already and i have been using the FirstName casing method. Would it be preferable to if i posted what i have done soo far in the DB??

Serverin how much do you charge? As i have another project that may be alot harder then this database to be done in access.

Severin

Snr. Developer
Local time
Please send material and I will give a clear offer!~)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't want to get in the middle of a financial transaction. Many of us who answer questions here develop software on a consulting basis so I warn the two of you to come to a clear understanding of what will be delivered and what it will cost. Doing business with strangers always involves blind trust but I like a little protection. I belong to a site called www.Guru.com it is a place where developers can find projects and people who have projects can find developers. The nice thing about the site is that it gives a little structure to the transaction because it provides a way to track your agreements and deliverables. Payment is made up front but is held in escrow until the client accepts the application. Mediators settle disputes. Nothing is free and so Guru charges for this service. The developer pays the charges but many simply up their bid by an amount to cover the rate.

Severin

Snr. Developer
Local time
I don't want to get in the middle of a financial transaction!~)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You're pretty new here but after time you'll see that most people don't use the forum as a place to solicit business and those that do, don't last long.

KadeFoster

Registered User.
Local time
I didn't mean to make it sound like i was after a developer more after some one to chat to for advice and well direction with my DB idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom