Idea Suggestion (1 Viewer)

CaylinBR

Local time
Today, 04:18
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my idea and maybe to hear something useful for me from you! I am trying to design a door lock, opening the door when I am getting near it, but the issues is that this lock reacts to any type of movement, even if you are walking near it, the door opens, I have installed an arduino module with a proximity sensor, fact is this proximity sensor is not as good as I was told from start, I was thinking to use my old Xbox Kinect module, do calibrate it to a bigger or lower sensivity, so my lock could react only when I am near the door

What do you think?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:18
How about sampling the trigger patterns for multiple events of you walking up to the door? Then sample some other triggers that unlock the door. How do these patterns differ? Then create an algo that only unlocks based on the former and excludes the latter.

CaylinBR

Local time
do you mean to create different scenario when this door unlocks? might work but I think it will take me too much time designing every scenario. What I was thinking is writing a camera tracking script on Python, and based on distance between me and door, direction of my body and eyes(Which is way too hard for me to design) the door will unlock only when I am near it and directed to it. But first of all I'll need a good locksmith to install my digital lock correctly, this thing needs to be done correctly, on this depends my next work and the final result. I found some great reviews about locksmith havering and I think I'll ask them for a help. From here starts my experiment

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:18
I was thinking is writing a camera tracking script on Python, and based on distance between me and door, direction of my body and eyes
That is what I mean by a pattern. Pattern could include distance, size of image, movement.

CaylinBR

Local time
Oh! Sorry. Yeah this is what I am going to try, thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom