iIF using Multiple conditions (1 Viewer)

aamir.shehzad9

Local time
Yesterday, 18:08
The Actual theory behind the scene is;

A client having 11 different accounts with different column labels, but some columns have containing same data likewise date, amount, description, etc...
Now I want a single database table for those all tables...
from the new table I'll check the whole account at one place with time saving and can do with that single table many other thing...
I need a query for matching that new generated table with another table...
Man it's bunch of working here pending ... I need to do.. Please help :(

Can I do this with "Relationships" without primary key?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 03:08
Are the 11 tables coming from some data in Excel?
Have you looked at the Union query?
Show some example data in a database or Excel sheet.

aamir.shehzad9

Local time
11 tables are coming from excel book, from different spreadsheets..
I cannot also select the option "First Row contain column headings" because in excel 1st and 2nd are reserved for another calculations...
I didn't tried yet union query, cause I don't understand that how it will apply on this part..
The main file of accounts where the transactions and tables are coming from I've attached a JPG sample. May that could help you out in explaining/ helping to me...

Attachments

• Problem01.jpg
    Problem01.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 95

aamir.shehzad9

Local time
Now I'm sharing you here complete theoretical object after result;
Note: This is main file where all data contained about different kind of accounts..
(This is a "constant file", I can't edit/add/delete [except update daily basis] in the file single alphabet)...
Now this excel file will be placed at a folder in my PC, after all working or when it get ready for finals which will need to be prepare or for that I'm getting help here.
From that folder Access will prepare the Excel file as database (which must be linked for daily updates)...
I need to do at database that;
All accounts need to be combined in one place... (Reason!)
1. The working with all of accounts are same but they contained different names as spreadsheet wise (But not in spreadsheet's)
2 Some of column's headings are common in all accounts and but not all of (That's why in final combined file some fields will be filling with queries, which will be applying after data loading)
3 Main reason to combine;
Where I get to match these all data, having a single spreadsheet with different kind of description, but that can also be change by a query after uploading in access...

Now after doing all this, I apply a final query for making a 2nd last report, that which transactions are there remain to knockoff.. After finding and resolving those all, here we go to final report..
Which needs to be design and implement final data struct with summary on and Finally then it's Done!

Problems As per my knowledge;
1 I don't have any primary keys, so how to make relationships and apply queries?
2 I don't have 1st column headings for database structure and don't without this also I can go ahead or not?
3 One thing that I can do here for apply every account name in spreadsheet, I have applied the name of all accounts in column A and hide that column due to it's not allowed to edit that file ...
Now if anyone can help me to get this all please...:confused::confused::(:(

Last edited:

JRMT

Local time
Today, 04:08
Hi i also have the same problem im trying to generate report using this

=if([Inspection Section Remarks]="AWAITING PARTS انتظار قطع الغيار",[Inspection Section Remarks] & " >> " & [InspRem] & "/ Dmd No " & [DemandNo] & " / Dmd Dt " & [DemandDate],[Inspection Section Remarks] & " >> " & [InspRem])

meaning if i choose awaiting parts in the form and put values there it will show the inspector remarks, demand date and demand number values in the report. but now i want to add "TRANSFER" in the form and when i choose transfer it will also show inspector remarks, demand date and demand number values in the report that i put there.

the above code is put in the control source of a report then i tried to add this:

=if([Inspection Section Remarks]="AWAITING PARTS انتظار قطع الغيار",[Inspection Section Remarks] & " >> " & [InspRem] & "/ Dmd No " & [DemandNo] & " / Dmd Dt " & [DemandDate],[Inspection Section Remarks] & " >> " & [InspRem]),
=if([Inspection Section Remarks]="TRANSFER",[Inspection Section Remarks] & " >> " & [InspRem] & "/ Dmd No " & [DemandNo] & " / Dmd Dt " & [DemandDate],[Inspection Section Remarks] & " >> " & [InspRem])

but not working please help me thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom