Import errors (1 Viewer)

hammerva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:19
Every week I take my projects Access 97 database and back up on a separate DB. I have had no problems with doing the IMPORT but lately I have been having a real hard time with one of my tables. Everytime I try to import my IR table to the backup database I get the following message:

The Microsoft Jet engine database stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

I checked around work and nobody is in the database (acutally right now nobody is in the office to get into the database). I can't figure out what is causing the error. The IR table contains 2 OLE objects and has around 900 records currently. Don't know if that helps any but thought I add that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

PearlGI

Registered User.
Local time
I've had a similar problem in the past.

I now open a database as 'exclusive' if I wish to import files. This seems to force Access to realise you are the only user using the database at that time and everything works without a hitch.

(I use Acc97)

hammerva

Registered User.
Local time
I opened the backup database as exclusive. Then I went to import the IR table from the main database and I still get errors. I can't see where I can mark the main database with the IR table as exclusive. I don't see that option.

I have a feeling it is something with the OLE object in the table. But I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom