Import Excel spreadsheet (1 Viewer)

ernielippert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:40
During import from Excel, the Import Spreadsheet Wizard says <Field 'F7'doesn't exist in destination table "name'>. No import happens.The operation is then terminated by me. This happens whether I try to import into an existing table or let the wizard create a new table. Field names and data types are consistent and the application has been compacted. I have no idea what 'F7'is. Will appreciate your suggestions.
Regards,
Ernie

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 18:40
Try to copy the whole Spreadsheet into a new one, that means, open the spreadsheet, select all cells and copies it into a new spreadsheet.
Did you try to import another Spreadsheet?

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:40
I would say the wizard has found a field name that it does not like and has consequently given it a random name F7. This can happen if an illegal name is bening used e.g. one with inappropriate characters. Or if there is more that one field with the same name.

Then of course once the wizard has renamed a field, it can't match it with the destination.

ernielippert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:40
Copying the data to a new spreadsheet worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip. Excuse it if this message appears multiple times. I'm still learning how to reply properly.
Regards,
Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom