Importing data issue (1 Viewer)

pablofonto

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:33
Hello,

I'm importing an excel file that has one column with currency (4 digits after the period) using a macro. When I open the table in Access that was created by the macro the currency column is only 2 digits after the period. Is there a way to import this data without access rounding up the amounts? I need the data to show exactly the way is in excel. Please help!

thanks,

Pablo

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:33
Two issues can be relevant.

1. Access, seeing a currency-formatted column, might have imported the digits but ALSO set up a format. See if there is a default format assigned to the field in question.

2. If all else fails, before you do the import, examine the field in the import specs and if required, change its format.

pablofonto

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:33
Thanks for the reply!
The column with the amount is formatted as currency with 4 digits. Here is the thing too, lets say I change the formating in the table (inside access) to be currency and 4 digits. Then, I run a make table query where two or more tables are linked including the one with currency amounts, the new table again will show only two digits. I don't want to keep reformatting the tables manually all the time. There has to be a way of doing this without the manual process. Anyone, any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom