Importing protected Access datas (1 Viewer)

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Today, 00:21
[Import][Access]Importing tables from a secured Access database

Hi,
I have some problems trying to import datas from a protected Access database. By protected, I mean a split database with both front-end and back-end in .mdb version and an .mdw security.

I went through (Translated from French; may be a little bit different) Datas --> Outside datas --> Import datas --> File name = MyDatabase.mdb --> File type = Access databases --> Open --> untick Empty password --> Username = Newman --> Password = Qwerty --> Test Connection.
I get a message saying that it cannot find the security file.

How (where) do you enter the path of the .mdw file. I have tried within the first textbox (Select or type the name of the database) but it didn't work. I have tried in many ways: access path + mdb path + mdw path (like the links), mdb path + mdw path, mdw path + mdb path, etc. It always fail to work.

If I follow without testing the connection, I get another form (Which in the french version is so badly created that I just cannot see the left half of it. And, after clicking OK, I am sent back to the datasheet, but nothing happens. No trace of the datas I asked for.

Thank you for your helping hand.

Last edited:

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Someone on another forum suggested that I try to use the "crosstab query". That way, I've been able to see my tables, but couldn't open them to select my columns. I have seen nowhere to enter the .mdw path nor username and password.

Nevertheless, I realy like the idea of working with this method as it will allow me to work with tables with more than 65000 records.

I am still in need for some help for one or the other of these two methods.

Thank you!

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Solved!

I found the answer!
(In fact, someone told me in another forum...)
Since there seems to be a problem with Excel connecting to a secured Access database, I connect through ODBC, creating a .dsn file that can now be used to import datas as well as with the crosstab query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom