Question importing queries (1 Viewer)

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:45
just finished importing queries into a new db, as well as all other objects. the queries no longer have their relationships set (though i did ask for them to be imported). not only that, most of the field names are prefixed by 'Expr'. how do i keep the relationships and names? there's some kind of corruption going on in the db i'm importing from that i can't locate, but the original queries are working fine; importing is changing them.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 16:45
just finished importing queries into a new db, as well as all other objects. the queries no longer have their relationships set (though i did ask for them to be imported). not only that, most of the field names are prefixed by 'Expr'. how do i keep the relationships and names? there's some kind of corruption going on in the db i'm importing from that i can't locate, but the original queries are working fine; importing is changing them.

Sounds like you missed some or all of the required tables for the queries!

Queries do not have relationships, they do have joins. If a Join are lost then the tables that queries are based on have changes or do not exist.

most of the field names are prefixed by 'Expr'.
Sounds like the tables are missing ior have changes so that the field names no longer match.

Queries are dependent on the underlying tables that the query is based on. If the field names in the tables change or no the table longer exist, then the query is no longer valid.

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
i thought about that. so i thought the problem was that i imported the queries before the tables. so i tried doing the tables first and same result. all the links are fine and (table) relationships show in the rel-window. but i did forget to mention that all the tables are linked to a .mdb BE. could that have something to do with it?

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
only thing i can come up with so far is that i applied some code (allen browne) to change the datasheet property of tables (changes property to [none]). maybe that affected the queries (??). i created another db, new linked tbls, imported queries from a previous backup and all is well. so far.

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
p.s. tnx for the feedback hightech and sorry for the wrong use of the word relationships when i meant joins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom