Increase font size for vision impaired user (1 Viewer)

rondon

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:00
Hello
Using a cmdButton On Click I have increased the font size of some List Boxes and memo fields in my database. I am wondering is it possible to have a form so that if our visual impaired user enters it, they can click a cmdButton that would allow all the field labels and field font increase on a Event such as Hover or Mouse Over. But if another user enters the font remains as set. Or is this the wrong way to approach this. Any advice greatly received

Thanks Ron

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:00
You could look into using my free Automatic Form Resizer code which includes a further form zoom feature which would allow those who need it to enlarge all items by whatever scale they find appropriate.
The code and a detailed explanation of how to use it can be found at http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/automatic-form-resizing-1/4594554784.

Although the code is complex, you don't actually need to understand it. Using it is very easy

rondon

Local time
You could look into using my free Automatic Form Resizer code which includes a further form zoom feature which would allow those who need it to enlarge all items by whatever scale they find appropriate.
The code and a detailed explanation of how to use it can be found at http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/automatic-form-resizing-1/4594554784.

Although the code is complex, you don't actually need to understand it. Using it is very easy

Thank you I have read this in detail but for someone new to VBA I find this very complex

rondon

Local time
I
Thank you I have read this in detail but for someone new to VBA I find this very complex
I did import one of your forms but could not make it work in my application

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
First you need to import the modules modResizeForm and modControlState
Then if you want to use automatic form resizing with a specific form, you would add the line ResizeForm Me to the form load event of that form.
However, I assume you don't need that part, at least for now.

The easiest way to use the zoom feature would be to import the form frmPopupZoom,
Next copy all controls from that form to your own (except the close button) and copy the code to your own form.
Try running the form and adjust the form zoom from 100% to say 125% using the slider or the combo box.
Check it works as intended.
Let me know how you get on.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:00
You shouldn't need to do this in your app. The windows tools are universal.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You shouldn't need to do this in your app. The windows tools are universal.

Whilst that's true, there are zoom features in other Office programs such as Word and Excel.
A similar zoom feature has long been a feature request for Access.
There are occasions when I would find it useful myself though I certainly don't need to use ease of Access features or change the Windows display to say 125%. For example, it can be difficult when working on old MDB files created in the days when 640*480 was the default resolution

rondon

Local time
First you need to import the modules modResizeForm and modControlState
Then if you want to use automatic form resizing with a specific form, you would add the line ResizeForm Me to the form load event of that form.
However, I assume you don't need that part, at least for now.

The easiest way to use the zoom feature would be to import the form frmPopupZoom,
Next copy all controls from that form to your own (except the close button) and copy the code to your own form.
Try running the form and adjust the form zoom from 100% to say 125% using the slider or the combo box.
Check it works as intended.
Let me know how you get on.

Thank you I will copy my DB and try to see if I can make this work in the copied version. I will be in touch no doubt. Thank you for your help and patience with this

rondon

Local time
Thank you I will copy my DB and try to see if I can make this work in the copied version. I will be in touch no doubt. Thank you for your help and patience with this
After copying the controls and code the controls worked as expected, on loading my and the popup zoom form, I get the following error

Private Sub Form_Load()

ReSizeForm Me

'minimize nav pane

MinimizeNavigationPane (Sub or Function not defined)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi
If you want to minimise the navigation pane, also import the module modNavPaneTaskbar.
Otherwise comment out the line MinimizeNavigationPane.

Let me know if you get other errors. If so, it would be due to code in one or more other modules in my example app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom