Solved Information from tab control form to be showed in one big message box? (1 Viewer)

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:48
Hello experts

I have one question

Let say you have a form with multiple tab controls. Is maybe now possible that with one click on some another button all the data that is in the tabs controls to be showed in one message box or another form? to be all together?

If that is possible how can I do that?
Does someone have some example to show me?
thank you

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:48
I cannot envision what you mean, please provide some examples of what your form looks like and what you expect to see in the message box

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
I find some example here from the forum...
1663352400850.png

Attachments

• TextMsg002.accdb
    544 KB · Views: 88

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:48
Not good enough

where does the data come from? all one table, multiple tables? Is the view of each tab effectively a single form or a continuous form?

And what is the purpose? to print out? for a user to be able to edit? something else?

What do you want to see in the msgbox? just a list of field values and associated labels? any particular order? some note about which tab it came from?

Sorry but you are asking for a potentially complex solution and providing so little information, I would even want to suggest a way forward other than why not just do away with the tabs and display the information side by side or above and below.

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:48
open form frmTest001.
and see the code on the button of this form.

Attachments

• TextMsg002.accdb
    756 KB · Views: 95

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
the data cames from a table and it is single form. The purpuse is to see all the data very fast. Just to click and to read the information.
In that message box i want to see all the data that comes from the tabs..
If user will click tab by tab he will lost to much seconds...I know that is strange. 😟 but one user ask me if that is possible and I say ohh i dont know...

Yes Arnel that is what I want. thank you. what else can be done with that? can i also see some subform who is the data sheet view?
but what if Have some subform inside? could that also works? and is possible that this message box can be more large?
hmmm

I will put some example if you can try. check the form -open form frmTest001.
thank you

Attachments

• TextMsg003.accdb
    544 KB · Views: 89

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:48
i only get the First record from the subform.

Attachments

• TextMsg003.accdb
    640 KB · Views: 101

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
yeees that is what I want. Very good. Thank you very much. :)
Yes I also get only the first record from the subform ...
I am playing here to see if I will managed to show more records...hmmmmm 🤔

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Hi ArnelGp

I just try into the suboform to mark random record and then click the button to show the info and I think that is good. i get the subform record 5 to be showed inside the all form window so i think that is good.

Normaly users will check records in the subform one by one so I think they will be happy.
Very good again and thank you very much.
:love: :love: :love: :):):)

Attachments

• AGp magic.JPG
    AGp magic.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 71

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:48
It would be much easier if you created a report with subreports. You won't need to write code to concatenate the string and you will have better control over formatting. Unless there is only a small amount of data, this is not likely a good idea but having a report that shows everything is probably useful anyway.

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Pat
Ohh I didnt think about that.. ok I see .
So reports with subreports is in the same way like form and subform? I never make report with subreport.
Ok I will try to do some report to see what users will prefer.
Thank you for your opinion.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:48
The difference is that Reports don't have tabs. So the subreports are stacked. You see all of subreport 1, then all of subreport 2, then all of 3 before the main report record changes to the next item which is I think what you are looking for.

Also, to save yourself some work, you should be able to save the form as a report and I think Access will even convert the tabs to subreports. I haven't done it in a while so try that before you code the report from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom