Information not going back to table from Form/Subform (1 Viewer)

robwhiting

Local time
Today, 20:19
Hi, I have a database set up for leaflet distribution...where i have Venues and Attraction leaflet, i have a form/subform setup for the data to be entered but some of the data is not going back to the table correctly, some of the data is going in as the ID numbers rather than the actual description, also the area is missing this is the form/subform;-
1642013124313.png

Its going into the table as ID numbers....this is what it looks like;-
1642013342418.png

This is what I want;-
1642013695646.png

Can anybody help ....Robert

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:19
From your presentation, we have insufficient data to answer the question.

Normally, if you have a bound form and save it by any of several Access mechanisms, it rewrites everything that was bound.

From your description, I have to ask if any of those combo boxes are in fact multi-valued fields. Your statement

some of the data is going in as the ID numbers rather than the actual description

suggests that the binding is to the wrong field of the combo box, which is in turn going to depend on how that combo is defined. Showing us the datasheet view of the fields is inadequate for diagnosis. Show us the table in design view.

Also, if you have child forms, there is a specific linkage between parent and child that helps to preserve and transfer relationship data. An error in this part of the setup could also lead to one of your complaints:

also the area is missing this is the form/subform

We are going to need more that what you showed us, I'm afraid.

robwhiting

Local time
not sure if this is allowed, but i attached the zipped database....the incorrect table is 'tblvenueleaflets' I need the DrivervenueID to be the actual Venue Name and the AttractionLeafletID to be the actual Leaflet Name.....the problem is Im not quite sure how to acheive this

Attachments

• LEAFLET DISTRIBUTION DATABASE.zip
    102.5 KB · Views: 301

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
not sure if this is allowed, but i attached the zipped database....the incorrect table is 'tblvenueleaflets' I need the DrivervenueID to be the actual Venue Name and the AttractionLeafletID to be the actual Leaflet Name.....the problem is Im not quite sure how to acheive this
No you do not. You want them as ID and then use those to get the descriptions.

robwhiting

Local time
is this what you mean ?
1642019256830.png

Attachments

• 1642018576839.png
    1642018576839.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 279

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
DB is too late a version for me, so I am out.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Today, 12:19
some of the data is not going back to the table correctly, some of the data is going in as the ID numbers rather than the actual description
Which fields relate to this, are they visible in the image you uploaded?if not pls make them visible in an image and upoad, i am unable to open the attachment after downloading.

robwhiting

Local time
Ive not zipped this attachment

Attachments

• LEAFLET DISTRIBUTION DATABASE.accdb
    828 KB · Views: 307

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:19
Your DB design could benefit from what you find in this video:

Might make things easier for you.

Also, I confirmed that your combo's bound column is the ID column. Which means that when you store it, you will OF COURSE store the bound column, not some other column.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Ive not zipped this attachment
Hi Robert

You are not understanding how tables are related to each other.

In the attached revised version all of the Coloured Controls on the Form are either Primark Keys or Foreign Keys.

The tblVenues table is linked to tblDriverVenues using VenueID - Coloured Green and only shown on the Form as how they are liked. These would not be shown to the user.

Similarly, tblDriverVenues is linked to tblVenueLeaflets using DriverVenueID - Coloured Blue and again would be hidden from user.

When you select an Attraction Leaflet using a Combobox is will display the actual Leaflet Name but would only store the unique LeafletID in the underlying Table that the Control is Bound to.

Attachments

• LEAFLET DISTRIBUTION DATABASE.zip
    99.8 KB · Views: 298

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom