Input mask for info boxes (1 Viewer)

Martix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:02
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to add an input mask into an information request box. I have many queries in a database im writing that ask you to input the date you wish to report on. I would love to have the users not have to type in the slashes, even better is there a way to attach a calender to the input box so they can just pull down a list of the dates in calender format. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rich@ITTC

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Martix (a friend of Matrix?)

You cannot add an input mask or calender control to an Access input/meesage box. If you create a parameter query that asks the user to enter "Start Date" or similar then you are restricted to a simple grey box with no fancy features.

The solution is to create your open popup form that prompts the user for the query parameters, perhaps using a combo box (so a list of choices are offered) or using a text box (for which you can set an input mask). You can also call upon a calender control, say by double-clicking in the text box, to display a monthly calender from which the date can be selected and then entered direct into your text box.

The text boxes would then replace your parameter prompts in the criteria row of your query, so instead of:

[Enter Start Date]

and

[Enter End Date]

you would have:

Forms!frmMyForm!txtStartDate

and

Forms!frmMyForm!txtEndDate

This can work very well - it is a technique I and many others regularly use.

HTH

Rich Gorvin

Martix

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much i will give this a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom