Input Mask in List Box (1 Viewer)

mjreiman

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:01
I have an afterupdate statement putting customer information into a list box with two other fields. In the table I have an input mask for the phone number but the input mask is gone when the data populates in the list box. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:01
A form and a table are two different objects. When you "connect" a form to a table all you're doing is retrieving the data from it. You would need to apply that input mask on the control. Although, I would argue why you want to use an input mask on a listbox?

Avoid setting the input mask on the table and just do it on any form control that is linked to that field.

mjreiman

Registered User.
Local time
That was my original plan. I'm definitely not new to access. But since the data isn't being maninpulated, it didn't bother me to have the input mask on the table field property. The form is strictly for filtering to view active orders. The control source is actually driven by a query so my boss can view current invoices and I wanted the customer phone number to be in the list box. Just with the phone number input mask.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:01
I agree with vbaInet about removing the Input Mask from the table and doing it at form level. If you want it to appear formatted in the List Box, you need to store it with the format in the underlying table. Using the Format Wizard, as you step thru ityou'll be asked if you want to store the value for the field with the format. Simply answer Yes.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm definitely not new to access.
If you had mentioned that in your original post it would have saved me some time not going on explaining the differences between the two objects ;)

The control source is actually driven by a query so my boss can view current invoices and I wanted the customer phone number to be in the list box. Just with the phone number input mask.
You got it sorted?

mjreiman

Registered User.
Local time
I probably should've mentioned that haha. My problem is adapting to Access 2007, with ALOT of features missing since 2003 it's been kind of a pain.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I probably should've mentioned that haha. My problem is adapting to Access 2007, with ALOT of features missing since 2003 it's been kind of a pain.
:DIn time, you will get there. At first you may not like it but as you begin to see how things are logically laid out you will begin to appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom