Insert a new serial no. into a report on every opening (1 Viewer)

BlackEye

Local time
Today, 12:10
Hello all,
I need to make a report that should have a serial number which would change to a +1 value every time I open that report, regardless the other data on that report. The number cannot be picked up from a table/query (except for the first number maybe) but it could be stored to a table once the report is opened/closed. Using any other user interaction would be a nuisance, as this is merely a blank template with just one field filled from a table in my database, but I cannot store this serial number in that table. (I need to print some 1500 of these, in triplicates...never mind the rain forest.)
Hope it is clear enough... :banghead:
Thanks in advance.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:10
which would change to a +1 value every time I open that report

I haven't done this myself, but thinking about it my first concern would be whether to use the reports open event, the problem I'm seeing is if the reports open event is unsuccessful, then you may indicate that the report has been opened when actually it wasn't.

I'm thinking maybe do your counting in the reports close event; then you can be sure that the report was actually opened and actually closed. Whether this will work or not is another matter!

Last edited:

BlackEye

Local time
Today, 12:10
Hi Gizmo,
Thanks for your reply. I am going to try this (why didn't I think of it?) and will let you know if it works.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom