Integration of DLL with Dependencies (1 Viewer)

Pst UncleTee

Local time
Today, 12:37
I have the ProusbLock DLL with the Function I call using the Path because it can not be registered, But the DLL has other DLL and Lib that it depends on. I get Error File Not Found even though I have placed all the Files in one Folder.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:37
Why can't it be registered? Just curious...

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
I have the ProusbLock DLL with the Function I call using the Path because it can not be registered, But the DLL has other DLL and Lib that it depends on. I get Error File Not Found even though I have placed all the Files in one Folder.
For the sake of completeness, can you explain this ProusbLock DLL, please?

Pst UncleTee

Local time
It's a Hoteldoor lock encoder.
The API for it has 4 files , 3 DLLs and 1 lib file, 32bits
The main DLL that is mentioned in the documentation produce the error 'File not found' while trying to register it or even attempt to call it's function in VBA.

I believe it is calling some functions from the other DLL.

Local time
Today, 13:37
Show cmdline command! As you most likely use x64 OS, you need to use the SysWOW64 version of regsrv (c:\windows\syswow64\regsrv32). Elevated prompt? Full Paths (not only Filename) enclosed by dquotes? Office is x86?

Maybe this helps: Unable to register dll using regsvr32

Windows Eventlogs may help.

Software is ProUSB Lock?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I don't really know, but it's returning the error 'File not found'
Can I upload the code and DLL?s
When you said "register," you were using regsvr32.exe, right?

Nixversteher

Local time
The code you have shown suggests that the dll does not need to be registered as it only provides standard functions. However, it must be located in a path to which your application has access at runtime, i.e. if it is located under "C:\Klax\WKNL\" in your case.

Pst UncleTee

Local time
The code you have shown suggests that the dll does not need to be registered as it only provides standard functions. However, it must be located in a path to which your application has access at runtime, i.e. if it is located under "C:\Klax\WKNL\" in your case.
I've tried the option of SysWOW64, Keeping all in same folder. I wouldn't want to Register it even.

Local time
Today, 13:37
Please read about crossposts and why to avoid them. Also add link from here to SO Question and vice versa.
I used regsvr32.exe
In c:\windows\syswow64 ?

Error raised during regsrv cmd or when access runs?
Files don't have the mark of web? User has full permissions on the "C:\Klax\WKNL" folder/files? Or is it "C:\prorfl.dll" like on SO (what should fail as users don't (at least shouldn't) have permisssions on C: )?

Maybe try puting files to msaccess.exe install folder without registering (but reference them with fullpath in vba declarations).

Last edited:

Pst UncleTee

Local time
This is to inform you all that the code is working fine in the VB6 Project. But I need it in Access VBA. What could I be missing? All Dll are in the same folder with the Project. Your assistance will be appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom