Investments Advice? (1 Viewer)

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:34
I've got a bit of money I've been sitting on because I'm too scared to do anything with it. I don't know much about investments, and I don't really want to learn, but I do want to retire some day.

So, I've got an IRA with USAA with 3k in it. I've opened an account (also an IRA) with charles schwab, but haven't funded it yet. I've got more to invest, but I don't know where. I am interested in ETFs, because you can buy them for free and they have low expenses.

I almost bought a USAA annuity today, but decided you guys might have some valuable input. I just want to save for retirement, not become a stock market whiz. What does everyone thing?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:34
Go to a professional for that sort of advise. You wouldn't ask for medical advise on this forum, and asking for financial advise here could also end badly ;)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:34
The above post is good advice. Most financial planning professionals will help you get started with a personalized plan for very little cost.

If you're determined to make an independent decision but don't want to actively manage your investments, I suggest looking into retirement target funds. Many financial institutions offer funds that are designed to be optimized for the average person intending to retire in a certain year, and which are adjusted as time goes by. It's a very easy way to get yourself on a professionally planned track to retirement. The tradeoffs are that your portfolio won't be customized to your own personal needs and goals, nor will it be diversified among managers.

Also, for the record:

***I am not an investment professional. The above text is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional investment advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom