Is it SetTempVar problem? not work in *.mdb? (1 Viewer)

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:51
Hi,

I have a Customer Form that is used as the 'List Items Edit Form' in the customer field of a Main Form, and I embed SetTempVar at Customer Form. In access 2007, If the customer name that I typed in Main Form is new to the customer data, the Customer Form will be called, and the name of the new customer I just typed in the Main Form will appear as well in the Customer Form awaiting me to save it.

But when I save the file as *.mdb. the Customer Form that called from the Main Form doesn't memorize any more of the name I just typed in the Main Form, and the field of the customer form is blank. How can this happen? It really is very inconvinient that have to enter the same name twice. ( ps. if I convert *.mdb back to 2007 format, the Customer Form can remember the name again.)

No idea why *mdb file doesn't work on this small function... Will be possible caused from my SetTempVar? (I attached here FYR) or something else? Can someone give me some clue how to resolve this on my *mdb?

Many many Thanks!!

Yu

Attachments

• settempvar.gif
    settempvar.gif
    72.9 KB · Views: 219

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
TempVars are not available in the old mdb format. That is an Access 2007 (Accdb/Accde) feature.

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
TempVars are not available in the old mdb format. That is an Access 2007 (Accdb/Accde) feature.

Oop, that is not fun though. I have to use .mdb for multi-user to access.

Is there a code that can realize this humble function in .mdb? I mean when the user type a new customer name in the Main Form, the Customer Form that called from there can show the new customer name automatically and allowing them to save.

Any comments will be much apprecaited.

Yu

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Oop, that is not fun though. I have to use .mdb for multi-user to access.
What do you mean - do you mean you need User Level Security?

Is there a code that can realize this humble function in .mdb? I mean when the user type a new customer name in the Main Form, the Customer Form that called from there can show the new customer name automatically and allowing them to save.
A little more info might be required. I'm assuming, based on how I read your question, that you

1. Open a Main Form

2. The user types a Customer Name in and then

3. Clicks a button to open a form for adding the customer details

Is that correct?

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Bob.

* Yeah, I need user level security, only *.mdb work with it, right?

* This is how I do:

1. Open a Main Form

3. If it is a new customer, Access asks "do you want to edit the items in the list" (see attachment), click yes, then the Customer Form open, where the new name the user just typed in the Main Form supposed to show in the Customer Form as well.

Look forward to having your comments soon. Thanks.

Rebecca

Attachments

• gif1.gif
    gif1.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 159

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
* Yeah, I need user level security, only *.mdb work with it, right?
Correct
* This is how I do:

1. Open a Main Form

3. If it is a new customer, Access asks "do you want to edit the items in the list" (see attachment), click yes, then the Customer Form open, where the new name the user just typed in the Main Form supposed to show in the Customer Form as well.
I think this thread might be similar to what you are looking to do:
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=135415

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom