Jon K You're A Life Saver (1 Viewer)

billyw1953

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:37
It was probably fairly routine for you, but I cannot express to you and the others that answered my post just how much I appreciate your help. My database is working perfectly now that the total time issue has been resolved. I read quite a bit before I ever posted and one of the things I keep seeing over and over is "normalization". I think I am off to a good start because I designed it with just that in mind. It contains many tables that are structured to hold only data about a particular subject so as to reduce redundency and duplicate records. At least that is my understanding of "normalization." I believe this database will evolve into a useful tool for my replacement after I retire, if I can at least begin to understand these funtions and the power they have if applied correctly. I will continue to try, and may be back another time to ask for help and possibly later down the road I might be able to contribute as you folks have.

I have attached the last page of a 5 page report which shows exactly what I need to see in order to make an informed decision about a location. I re-calculated all the hours and thanks to you the times are correct regardless of whether it is a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly report.

Thanks again for baby stepping me through this, if you're ever in San Angelo, Texas dinner is on me.

BWard

Attachments

• capture2.jpg
    capture2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 147

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom