Keep field in main form highlighted after focus is lost (1 Viewer)

ericv

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:26
I have a main form (continuous) with a linked subform in the footer.

Is it possible to keep the setfocus and highlight a specific field in a record on the main form and only loose focus when another record is selected, i.e. even after clicking somewhere else like the subform the record stays highlighted?

Currently I use conditional formatting to highlight the record, and it works sweet but all is lost as soon as I type in the subform or click anywhere else :-(

Thanks in advance

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:26
Change/reset the control background color as approporiate.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 15:26
Can't you use the record selector?

ericv

Registered User.
Local time
Generally I don't like the look of the record selectors, but if there's a way that it will highlight the entire record to a color I may reconsider...as far as my knowledge stretches it only has the little pointing arrow, or is there ways to format this?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 15:26
..but if there's a way that it will highlight the entire record to a color I may reconsider...as far as my knowledge stretches it only has the little pointing arrow, or is there ways to format this?
No.
But what you want, I don't think it can be done.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
There is a hack though where you ovelay a textbox on the oneyou like to highlight but it requires more code.

arnelgp

Local time
How did you do that continuous form with subform.
I cant re create it in a2016. The main form will be converted to single form if you add a subform.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:26
Arnel
Are you asking about the emulated split form?

If so, in the final version, there is no subform.
It's just a continuous form with a duplicate set of bound controls in the header section to create the single form section.

I haven't used it since the thread was created so if you need more details, I'll need to study it first.

arnelgp

Local time
No sir, its for the Op.
Have you tried it, coniuous with subfrm.

ericv

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks all.

Alas I had could not make it work the way I envisioned so took an entirely different approach. Thanks nonetheless for you comments.

arnelgp, the continuous form with subform only work if you put the subform in the footer section of the continuous form. So you cant add it in each record, that is impossible (would be nice though) but definitely possible down below in the footer (or header). You can even nest a third one it its footer if you want...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom