Question LDB lock delete problem (1 Viewer)

manny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:16
Through the Apps tech support we mapped the Apps datafile location using the program's data administration program for the 2 users in today so they are using the new copied datafiles with their App as confirmed by the Computer Management Console. Have to do that for the 3rd person tomorrow when they get in.

I do believe that it is a Windows file corruption issue. The missing Security tab would seem to point to that. Other LDB files HAVE that tab. How would you account for that?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
i dont know - just MSACCESS i guess

there obviously is something going on, because rebooting the server clears whatever lock is in place.

As i said, I really do not know windows well enough to get any closer. I just suspect its something connected with the users login profiles, and most likely what happens to their session when they disconnect

manny

Registered User.
Local time
Sadly there isn't anything of that name listed. There are other products with their own database processes but it is too risky to stop the processes on spec.

I would agree with you that it is either a process holding the file open or it is my explanation of the LDB files having no ownership hence 'nobody' can delete them. It would be nice to find a utility that dealt with that situation.

Thanks for both of your interest in this matter anyway :)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
someone will know exactly how to deal with this

manny

how did you manage to attach a reply to a particular posting, rather thna just add it at the bottom of the complete thread?

manny

Registered User.
Local time
Just for completeness I tried UNLOCKER 1.8.7 and it said 'No locking handle found' but it would not let me delete it.
I also tried EMCO UnlockIT which checks for processes open preventing the file being deleted and it too said 'The process isn't locked by any application'

By this evidence this would seem to rule out any MS Access process from keeping these LDB open therefore left with file corruption with missing security tab information.

Hopefully this thread may benefit somebody else looking into a similar issue

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
another thought

maybe the ldb is OWNED by access, or some system process, and although you have delete privileges in the folder, you dont have privileges to delete fiels owned by the system process - although i've never seen this inablility before, i must confess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom