.ldb Lock File... (1 Viewer)

DALeffler

Registered Perpetrator
Local time
Today, 08:30
Cannot open my "at work" db.

I'd made a copy of a db I'd written at home (NT- Acc97) and placed it on the local C drive of my boss's networked pc (Win2000, Acc2000 - no problems at all converting) so's he could be satisfied I'm tracking the data. One problem is he was recently replaced with a new manager. The old managers' network signon/account is now defunky, i.e. no longer exsists (if the US President can invent new words whenever...), and now I can't open the db from the local drive under the new managers account.

I (not the new manager, but under the new managers' account) get a "db in use" error, and I think Access thinks the db was open when the old managers account was retired (I'm guessing, here...) - 'cept I can't find a *.ldb file anywhere.

Is the *.ldb file the only way Access 2000 keeps track of who's in the db and when to close/exit/end?

And, I had that db copied in more that one folder on the same local C drive and I can't open either copy - same error.

Also, there is one other copy on the shared drive of the managers network, and the new manager doesn't have access to that folder yet. Could this be the one that's "open" and causes the other two copies to err on open?

Or is there something I'm completely missing when making copies of a db?

Any hints, comments, or accusations?

very :confused:

Edited: I'm NOT the new manager...

Doug.

Last edited:

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:30
Search the forums, you'll certainly find anwers to your questions!

RV

DALeffler

Registered Perpetrator
Local time
I see some clues, RV - Thank You!

Doug.

DALeffler

Registered Perpetrator
Local time
The error message I'm getting says something like, "The path "C:/etc/etc" is not valid - check the path..." . And then the help files led me to the "locked" explanation...

What I'll have to do from work (and can't do from this pc) is check for any *.ldb processes and delete them?

Thanks for the help,

Doug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom