Leave ComboBox changing to next record (1 Viewer)

g-richardson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:37
Hi All,

I have a comboBox set up to locate an auction item to be able to enter winning bids. Problem comes when I select the correct choice from the comboBox, the proper record displays. When I move to the winning bid entry field to add amount of bid, the record changes to the next record in the list.

I have other comboBoxes on other forms and this is not happening. Does anyone have any idea of where I can look to correct this issue?

Thanks
George

sclark

Yamo be there
Local time
Today, 14:37
Just a thought

When you navigate to enter the record, are you tabbing or using the mouse to scroll . . . just a thought.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:37
What code do you have in *all* of the events of the ComboBox? Is the ComboBox control the last control in your tab list? What do you have the Cycle property of the form set to? It is on the "Other" tab of the property sheet for the form.

g-richardson

Registered User.
Local time
When you navigate to enter the record, are you tabbing or using the mouse to scroll . . . just a thought.

I am tabbing to the next field....First I set the control to just jump to the desired field, but it did the same thing.

g-richardson

Registered User.
Local time
What code do you have in *all* of the events of the ComboBox? Is the ComboBox control the last control in your tab list? What do you have the Cycle property of the form set to? It is on the "Other" tab of the property sheet for the form.

Thanks RuralG...it was the cycle property that was set to all records. I set it to Current Record and got the answer.

Thanks for the quick response...

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:37
Excellent! Part of the challenge here is to try and *guess* what it might be on the first post without using too many words. I get a +1 for this one. :D

g-richardson

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks RG...+1 indeed. You are as usual, helpful to a poster...I've learned a ton from you, but rarely post.

Great work and thanks. I've added to your Rep...

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom