"Limit to list"...not working? (1 Viewer)

zozew

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:00
I have some comboboxes populated by the Value List option. When i set the "Limit to list" It still allows the user to input a value not in the Value list....? I use the same method for Comboboxes populated by a Query in that case the user gets the prompt "Not in the List" if they try to input a value not in the List.

Doesnt the "Limit to List" Work for Value List populated Comboboxes??

Thx

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:00
Yes it does! Entering an item not in the list and moving away from the Combobox should trigger the message, regardless of the Row Source Type.

You say you have "some comboboxes populated by the Value List option." Are you having this problem with all of these Comboboxes or just one? Single Controls, just like Forms, can and do become corrupt.

Linq ;0)>

zozew

Registered User.
Local time
yep! all controls with value list don't react to an item not in the list, thats why i though it might be a thing where it doesnt work with value lists....

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
I suppose the database itself could be corrupt. You might create a new, blank database and import all objects into it. This sometimes works with a file that's been corrupted.

Aside from that I'm out of suggestions, unless this is a bug in Access 2007. It works as expected in 2003.

Linq ;0)>

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 09:00
Just tried in A2007 and the not in list error fired

zozew

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, Ill start my debug session...ill remove, recopy, redo any other "re" there is to see if i can get it to work :)

Thx Guys

zozew

Registered User.
Local time
well...well ...well...i had a notion when i went to bed last night and i just checked it out...I'm glad to say it works now and that it was a human error as 99.9% of all problems are.

the backend db's field was not set on limit to list i had only set it in the control itself to limit to list. As I'm new to Access (first proj) i started building the db with lookup tables in the actual tables fields (to my regret) I've learned later that it is not to advisable but it is already done and im (right now) to lazy to start changing all the Fields. At least it all works fine now :)

But thanks again for your help

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Glad you got it to work! Yes, lookups at the table level are, to be kind, less than desirable!

You'll know better next time, which is always good!

Good luck with your project!

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom