Link Multiple Access Table Fields in to a Single Excel File (1 Viewer)

JithuAccess

Local time
Yesterday, 18:00
Hello Guys,

Just wondering is there any way in Access to link the fields of multiple tables in a Single Excel File?

For Example, I have 5 Tables in MS Access and each 5 Table have 5 Fields. If a user Enter the First Record of Data in the First Table, I want this Data to paste in an Excel file Automatically. In the Excel cell from A1 to E1 I want to display the Field Title (i.e. F Name, L Name etc) and from A2 to A5 the value of those corresponding Fields. If the user enter the second Record in the First table, the values should be paste in A3 to E3 and so on.

In the second table, when a user enter the value, those value should be pasted in that same Excel file in the Cells F1 to J1, the titles of the fields and F2 to J2 the corresponding values of the field and when the user enter the second record in the second table, those values should capture in F3 to J3

Please let me know whether this can be done? Right now I am manually pasting the values and we have total of 113 Fields in 8 tables in the Database and there would be a high chances of mixing up of data

Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:00
Hi. Just thinking out loud here... How about using a query that combines the five tables and then use the query to link in Excel? Would that work?

JithuAccess

Local time
Yesterday, 18:00
Hi. Just thinking out loud here... How about using a query that combines the five tables and then use the query to link in Excel? Would that work?
You know what....

I am doing exactly the same now and it works

I have added an Extra field called Entry Date and in the tables and in the Criteria I am giving today's Date so the query will capture the data which I have done the Entry today. I am just importing that query result in to an Excel sheet and my Problem Solved.

Thanks a lot for your Help.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:00
You know what....

I am doing exactly the same now and it works

I have added an Extra field called Entry Date and in the tables and in the Criteria I am giving today's Date so the query will capture the data which I have done the Entry today. I am just importing that query result in to an Excel sheet and my Problem Solved.

Thanks a lot for your Help.
Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom