Link PowerPoint to Database (1 Viewer)

Leo_Polla_Psemata

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:04
I have managed to store all of my business data in an access.
Then, from Access, i can extract excel/emails/reports and continue my business easier and faster.
The challenge now is "presentation skills" and powerpoint.
I need to prepare PowerPoint which outlines volumes from past, forecast etc.

Unfortunately, the last few years, i transferred data manually (copy paste) to a simple powerpoint and then struggled to make it look as good as last year.

I wonder if it would be easy to make a powerpoint template, in which, all figures will be linked from an access (or excel) .
I don't want to just link one excel table to a powerpoint and view one ungly table.
I want the chart or pie, to use data from a linked source such as access or excel.
Once i Update the source, then, the powerpoint will automatically refresh all charts and pies, be ready for presentation.

If you have in mind any good source (youtube or other site) please display.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:04
You can update a graph datasource in Powerpoint from Access or the other way around in VBA.
I'm not sure you can link them though.

Advance Warning! : PPT VBA is an interesting learning curve.

Leo_Polla_Psemata

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:04
Pie.JPG

Example, we can create any pie in powerpoint but we have to type data on cell A2 to A5 and then B2 to B5, update B1 , (risk for human errors) how could we make a link to an existing data source ? Imagine that there would be many pies bars and text, the data source would host all data and each section would update the given chart or text box

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:04
Like I said you can automate this.
Create a template file with all your graphs in it.

Then open that from access, populate each graph data from your access data, and save as "2022Feb_report"
You can create a table of chart names and source queries to get the data and loop through it to avoid hard coding everything.

It's not 5 minutes work but certainly achievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom