linking form and subform (1 Viewer)

H

hollyog

I have created a form that has a button that connects it to a subform. My problem is that the button will open the subform, but not filter the data.

The form has an order ID field and that is the linking field for the form and the subform. When I am on a certain record in my form and click on the orders button that takes me to my subform, I want it to only pull the records with the matching order ID. How do I do this?

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:35
I am not sure just what is happening here but be sure that your Master and Child links are correct between the Main form and Subform. Moving between records on your Main form should cause your Subform records to change as well.

Hmmm. Just had a thought. Is your Subform part of your Main form or are you opening another form that you are calling a Subform?

[This message has been edited by Jack Cowley (edited 02-20-2001).]

H

hollyog

The button in the form opens another form. When I go into the properties, there isn't any place for a parent/child relationship. I know that there is a way for the data to be filtered so that only the data that has the same ID in both forms shows up because we have that in one of our other databases. But after analyzing that database and checking the differences with mine, I cannot figure out what I am missing that it won't allow the data to be filtered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom