Linking to JPGs (1 Viewer)

DALeffler

Registered Perpetrator
Local time
Today, 03:51
I'd like to link a table and a .jpg file to an image ctl on a form.

The user would like a procedure to browse through the .jpg files & select which picture should be displayed with the record in the table.

The users tell me they're going to eventually end up with something like 8000 (8 thousand) jpgs.

With the directory structure the users have, they can easily find thier way to the specific picture they would like to display for each record. My problem is getting to that path string they're using.

When an image control is dragged from the ctls toolbox onto the form in design view, an "Insert Picture" dialog box pops with exactly the attributes I would think I'd need for getting the path to the specific picture they want for a particular record.

But it doesn't look like I can call that menu item when the the form is loaded. Or can I?

Can I display the "Insert Picture" dialog box after the form has been loaded, and can I get to the path string of the selected item of "Insert Picture"?

Is there another method to approach this?

My thought - inexperienced at best - is to have a form with a number of combo boxes that filters down through the main jpg directory based on values selected in the forms' previous combo boxes, eventually ending up with the correct path.

Y'all got any hints? (A good, hard shove would be just as welcome, no doubt...)

Thank You.

Doug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom