List Box Search (1 Viewer)

galvinjaf

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:29
Good Morning,

I've put together an emergency contact form. It holds basic data for different accounts that I have. Each account number may have multiple entries due to more than one contact on the same account want to be contacted during an outage. My list box holds the account numbers, and when I begin to type the account number nothing happens. I assume this is happening because I have multiple account numbers that are the same?

Also, how can I then create an arrow that will scroll to the next account number that is the same? If I type an account number, and it pops up (which it currently doesn't do...) I'd like to be able to scroll to the next same account number to be able to find the contact that I might want to edit. Attached is a screen shot...

Any help or clarification would be a big help. Thank you.

Attachments

• Drop_Down.jpg
    Drop_Down.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 67

Ranman256

Local time
I don't think combo box offers that behavior, but If you include a 2nd column in the list, you can pick the one you want the 1st time.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:29
include the pk key in your combobox rowsource:

select pkID, accountno from table;

galvinjaf

Registered User.
Local time
Arnel... I don't know what pkID is. My rowsource for the combo box is

SELECT tblEmergency_Contacts.ID, tblEmergency_Contacts.[Account Number] FROM tblEmergency_Contacts ORDER BY tblEmergency_Contacts.[Account Number];

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:29
should work.
go to Access Option->Current database, put as many 9's in:

Don't display lists when more than this number of records is read:

galvinjaf

Registered User.
Local time
Arnel,

I've done as you said, and no difference. I'm normally able to type the account number and it'll start to finish what I'm typing, but in this box/form it won't let me. I've attached a screen shot of the error.

My account number is indeed in the dropdown, but won't populate when I type inside that box.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom