List box to show on report (1 Viewer)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 04:19
Odd one

background
I report on multi currency mutli tax and I have to do a "report" on each so i have created a list box that shows excatly what I want (on the form)

Example)
EURO Dutch Tax
EURO Germany Tax
etc..
USD Dutch Tax
etc.....

ok-
Now I want to select any one of them and get it to list (on the form) the corresponding transaction numbers ListboxA (done - works- listbox)

Now I want to get my report to list those items in list (ListboxA) on my report
can you use a listbox in this way - forms!formname!listboxA and get it to list more than one number ??? or have I cocked up ?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 07:19
not quite. forms use the listbox to pull your data,but not the report listbox.
you CAN put a list on the report (use a subreport to show the list.) but it wont be interactive, so there's no real reason to put it on the report, unless you just want to see the list.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Are you saying you have a form with a listbox and you would like to click one selection in the listbox and open a report with only what was selected in the listbox? If so do you want to be able to select multiple choices?

GaryPanic

Local time
No I have this sort - my form
Lists everything out -
so EUR Dutch tax - will appear only if there are transactions on it in one list box then when i select EUR /Dutch I have another list box that lists all of the transaction that apply to EUR Dutch tax - say 4 transaction 1004 1006 1100 and 1289 I want these 4 numbers (or more or less) to appear on my report

then EUR Germany tax same but different numbers 1005 1189 and 1700
THen Eur Dutch tax same but different trans number 1082 1099 1075 (I am makign these numbers up - but they are invoices numbers that only apply tot he currency/tax applied

GaryPanic

Local time
THanks Ranman...

wondered why my logic wasn't working

I tried a text box on the form = listbox - only shows the first invoice number lol

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:19
So use a filter that defines whatever tax you require.?
It should be the same filter that populates your second listbox?

GaryPanic

Local time
Everything on the form works - its the report not listing everything that was the issue (Effectively I want to refernce the list box from the form onto my report - Forms!FormName!Listbox (and list everything in it)

but it doesn't like it-- re -think the problem glass of cider needed ..

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, you need to create a subreport with the Recordsource of the Listbox and set it to Can Grow to see the items from you Form's Listbox o the Report.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You don't need the listbox on the report. The Listbox is a visual tool that allows you to select ONE item from a list (unless the listbox is multi-select which this one isn't). The value selected is saved in the record. To show the text value rather than the numeric value, if that is the problem, you can either use a combo. When closed, the combo shows only a single row so it doesn't waste space on the report. OR you can base the report on a query that joins uing a LEFT join from the main table to the lookup table to get the text and bind the control to the text value rather than the saved numeric value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom