list for many users (1 Viewer)

deekras

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:01
i have a list from which i want the telemarketers to make calls. i have about 6 callers at any given time. how do i make sure that if one caller is calling a specific person on the list, no one else has access to that name? or at the very least the other callers see that another caller is calling that name.

keden

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:01
deekras said:
i have a list from which i want the telemarketers to make calls. i have about 6 callers at any given time. how do i make sure that if one caller is calling a specific person on the list, no one else has access to that name? or at the very least the other callers see that another caller is calling that name.

I have a similar dB that tracks units of work...I didn't want anyone dup'ing up on records so I added a complete field to the form/table. Once someone hit the submit/save button on the form to save the record, it checked the field to complete. When someone retrieves I a new record, I have the form run off a query that only pulls records where the complete field is no/false.

deekras

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:01
thanks for the quick response. i tried that, but i can't get it to work properly.

i have a datasheet of names. when a user calls someone, she double clicks on the ID field and a popup form opens where the user enters the results of the call. date and user name are filled in automatically.

i need the name to be disabled from the datasheet as soon aas the user double clicks and the popup is opened. i tried putting a field on the datasheet that would get clicked automatically after user doubleclicks, but it doesn't work. if i put as a field from the data query, i get a message that the recordset is not updateable.

how should i do this?

another alternative would be that each user only gets one name on her screen. after she completes that call, she gets the next name. i have no idea how to set up this scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom