List items on a form erratically invisible. (1 Viewer)

LOUISBUHAGIAR54

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:48
I have a large database with a front end and a back-end on a server. There are multiple users that use different front-ends on different computers.

The problem is that one specific list on a form fails to show its items on some computers but behaves normally on other computers. The different front ends on the different computers are identical as they are uploaded from the same original.

What could the problem be and how can I resolve this issue ? Many thanks for your efforts.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:48
Pure guesswork, but if the front ends are identical perhaps different odbc drivers, different versions of access that is running the front end, different user profiles on sql server.

If front end is accdb, perhaps those users are making a change to their version in some way?

LOUISBUHAGIAR54

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:48
Hi thanks for connecting. I think you may be right because recently a different version of access was installed on some computers. But why should a different version cause list items to disappear ? Can I corrent this without changing the access version ?

Many thanks again for your valued opinion.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:48
Sorry, I don't have a clear solution. First confirm whether the theory is correct.

If it is then my guess would be that there is something in the newer version which is the issue. Perhaps front end is .accdb and developed in 32bit access, and other users are using 64bit access - in which case you need to look at the differences and adjust the code - plenty online about it

Also, as Access has matured it has become less tolerant of poorly written code or use of code which is no longer supported, so later versions may be failing as a result. Examples include use of the $ sign to indicate the variable is a string, typing of undeclared variables etc. Ensure your front end has Option Explicit at the top of every module (just below Option Compare Database) and compile it - that will identify many (but not all) issues that need resolving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom