Listbox filtering (1 Viewer)

jrjr

A work in progress
Local time
Today, 14:11
I have done this before with success but can't seem to sort this out for some reason. Maybe someone can spot the trouble...

I am trying to filter a listbox on my form with a combo. Here is the code behind the combo:

Code:
Private Sub RepSort_AfterUpdate()

Me.listbox1.RowSource = "SELECT [Basic Entry].[Record Number], [Basic Entry].[Reps], [Basic Entry].[Date], [Basic Entry].[Inquiry Type], [Basic Entry].[Inquiry Sub-category], [Basic Entry].[Policy Type], [Basic Entry].[Caller Type], [Basic Entry].[Irate Call] " & _
"FROM Basic Entry " & _
"Where {{{[Basic Entry].[Reps]=[Forms]![Entry_Form]![RepSort] Or [Forms]![Entry_Form]![RepSort] Is Null)=True))"

listbox1.Requery
End Sub

After changing the combo (RepSort), the listbox is blank. I have tried this with a table as source and as a query as source. Also with and without the requery.

If someone can spot what is wrong with the code, please fill me in!

KenHigg

Local time
Why not just set the rowsource to a pre-built query intead of a sql string? I think it would be a slight bit faster and you wouldn't have to wrestle with the sql string syntax...

jrjr

A work in progress
Local time
Ok, I did that. Still get the same result.
Here is the query code:

Code:
SELECT [Basic Entry].[Record Number], [Basic Entry].Reps, [Basic Entry].Leads, [Basic Entry].Supervisor, [Basic Entry].Date, [Basic Entry].[Inquiry Type], [Basic Entry].[Inquiry Sub-category], [Basic Entry].[Policy Type], [Basic Entry].[Caller Type], [Basic Entry].[Appropriate Question], [Basic Entry].[Question Asked], [Basic Entry].Answer, [Basic Entry].[Walk Up], [Basic Entry].[Queue Call], [Basic Entry].[Irate Call]
FROM [Basic Entry]
WHERE [Basic Entry].[Reps]=[Forms]![Entry_Form combos]![RepSort] Or [Forms]![Entry_Form combos]![RepSort] Is Null=True;

Then I used:
Me.listbox1.RowSource = "MyQueryName"
behind the combo

KenHigg

Local time
Then did you requery the listbox?

Me.listbox1.requery

???

KenHigg

Local time
So what happens, The rows in the list box do not change or what?

jrjr

A work in progress
Local time
All records vanish in the listbox

KenHigg

Local time
I suspect your query criteria is a-muck...

Looks like the use of is null thing as a criteria...

jrjr

A work in progress
Local time
I got it sorted... thanks for helping!! Here is the query that worked:

Code:
SELECT [Basic Entry].[Record Number], [Basic Entry].Reps, [Basic Entry].Leads, [Basic Entry].Supervisor, [Basic Entry].Date, [Basic Entry].[Inquiry Type], [Basic Entry].[Inquiry Sub-category], [Basic Entry].[Policy Type], [Basic Entry].[Caller Type], [Basic Entry].[Appropriate Question], [Basic Entry].[Question Asked], [Basic Entry].Answer, [Basic Entry].[Walk Up], [Basic Entry].[Queue Call], [Basic Entry].[Irate Call]
FROM [Basic Entry]
WHERE ((([Reps]=[Forms]![Entry_Form combos]![RepSort] Or [Forms]![Entry_Form combos]![RepSort] Is Null)=True));

KenHigg

Local time
Cool...

FYI - Just for something to do, you should be able to get that string (or a slight variation) to work where you were trying set the rowsource as a sql string... :)

jrjr

A work in progress
Local time
Ok, and thanks again. I didnt realize that using a pre-built query would improve performance or I would have used that all along. I thought it was the other way around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom