ListView OCX HELP!! Method or data member not found (1 Viewer)

jaymcc

Local time
Today, 17:59
I have created an application and am using the ListView OCX in a few places, CRITRIAL places, in the application. All along both on my computer and on the client's computers this ListView OCX has worked fine, now all of the sudden it doesn't. It wont even compile. The only thing that changed was probably their verison of office - they are on a monthly update from Microsoft on their machines, I am on semi-annual.

The code that fails is routine code. now suddenly (presumably after an update) it does not. It fails then I am making a listitem "bold" ie) objLI.Bold If I compile on any of the client computers it gives me a "method or data member not found" the objLI is correctly setup as "Dim objLI as ListItem"

I will first attempt disabling updates and roll them back to previous version of office to see if that works. Anyone else ran into this ? HELP!!!!

Details on my Pc that it's working FINE on:
windows 10 64-bit computer
On Office 365 ProPlus subscription, on v.1705 (semi-annual "channel" updates) Access MSO is 16.0.8201.2213 (current version)

Details on client computers: (all computer on site have same issue despite different OS, so I figure it's an access related thing)
(one of the) computers - windows 10 64 bit
On Office 365 ProPlus subscription, v.1711 (monthly "channel" updates).
Access MSO 16.0.8730.2046 (current version)

I really need this to work quickly, all the common things I tried like in-registering and re-registering the MSCOMCTL.ocx, I tried checking and unchecking OLE Automation reference, nothing is making any difference.

PLEASE HELP thanks

Attachments

• ListView_ERROR.jpg
    ListView_ERROR.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:59
Check the references to see if the reference to the OCX library is missing.

Check to see if your clients switched to 64-bit Office. The ActiveX controls won't work in 64-bit Office

jaymcc

Local time
Thank you for responding, but no, references are checked and I specifically made sure the OCX was properly registered. It is the 32-bit version of the office software. Again, it was working fine, this isn't the first time i'm trying it. Also aware it wont' work on 64 bit, but thanks. The only thing that changed is the office update. I am rolling back the version. I was just seeing if you might have some current awareness of the updates.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:59
If it works on your copy but not theirs, you could also try just replacing their copy of the FE with yours. Perhaps the physical file has dropped a bit.

jaymcc

Local time
ok i'll try re-downloading the file and try again

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:59
Is objLI.Bold the only one that fail?
If so, comment out all the objLI.Bold code lines and put in a break point just before it, and then examine the objLI object in the "Lokals Window", perhaps it will give you a clue what causes the problem.

jaymcc

Local time
I did that, commented out the .bold, then it failed on the next one. Commented that out, failed on the next one which was obLI.add (a basic function) so something is 'off' or 'not right' this should not happen, there is corruption somewhere that both 1. a full decompile and 2. repair and compact do not fix.

I am going to try to re-upload and re-download the file AND my copy of MSCOMCTL.ocx to see if the 'lost a bit' theory might be true. I originally downloaded them onto a computer there that was connected via wifi, and was very slow. I will try downloading from one of the cabled comptuers.

let you know, thanks.

jaymcc

Local time
I re-copied the file and it seemed to work FINE.....UGGGGG - they had long cables connecting computers, maybe sometimes that can cause data corruption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom