Load Web Calendar into an access form (1 Viewer)

gstylianou

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:38
Hi, Is there any possibility to load a web calendar within an access form with the possibility the data being entered into table?

Thanks in advance

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:38
To view a web calendar in Access, you can try to use a Web Browser control. To enter the web data into a table, it's better if the web calendar has a REST API for doing that.

gstylianou

Registered User.
Local time
To view a web calendar in Access, you can try to use a Web Browser control. To enter the web data into a table, it's better if the web calendar has a REST API for doing that.
can you suggest any web calendar with REST API?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 08:38
I did this a long time ago using VB.NET front end and an Access backend, but I think you should be able for find the VB code to do this and convert to VBA. I wish I could find the cod somewhere where I did this. I only did it as a learning chance, but should be doable. Maybe someone has an example. I think I used some of this code.

Local time
Today, 07:38
Hi, Is there any possibility to load a web calendar within an access form with the possibility the data being entered into table?

Thanks in advance
Absolutely, and I suspect your best bet would be using vanilla javascript, no frameworks, something that is compatible with IE, because you may have (or not) the most up-to-date version of the browser control, which runs Edge, but I think most people will have the IE compatible version installed, so if you plan using that in other Access versions, it's best using a simple thing so you won't struggle later.

gstylianou

Registered User.
Local time
I did this a long time ago using VB.NET front end and an Access backend, but I think you should be able for find the VB code to do this and convert to VBA. I wish I could find the cod somewhere where I did this. I only did it as a learning chance, but should be doable. Maybe someone has an example. I think I used some of this code.
Hi MajP, is it possible to send me a sample accdb file in order to play with it? Is not, can you sell it to me in order to use the solution in my buisiness project?

Thanks in advanced

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 08:38
Hi @MajP, is it possible to send me a sample accdb file in order to play with it? Is not, can you sell it to me in order to use the solution in my buisiness project?
Unfortunately as I mentioned, I can not find that code.

MsAccessNL

Local time
Today, 14:38
Google for an html calendar, wich is ie11 compatible, post it and I will take look to have it working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom