Question Locking Record (1 Viewer)

Rolly189

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:44
I am modifying a Access 2007 database and notice the locking record is a PDF.

Can someone advise why this would be the case, any benefits (risks) in having this and if reverting to the standard Access locking record is preferable (how is this done)

Many Thanks
Ian

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 01:44
A PDF, if replaced by an FDP, can be managed by a CBS, CIA permitting.

Rolly189

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry - I don't understand that - can you please answer in simple detail and if possible the other parts of the question.

Thanks for responding

Ian

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 01:44
Don't worry. I do not understand my answer either.

I also do not understand your question and judging by the underwhelming response neither does anybody else.

Do not use acronyms but write specifically what the issue is.

Rolly189

Registered User.
Local time
When opening a 2007 Access Databse a locking record is created in the folder alongside the database file - normally this is has a .ldb suffix (Access Record - Locking Information).

In the current database I am working on this locking record is laccdb suffix (and is a Adobe Acrobat Document with the standard pdf icon).

Can someone advise why this would be the case, any benefits (risks) in having this type of record?

If reverting to the standard Access locking record (.ldb)is preferable - how is this done?

Thanks
Ian

SmallTomato

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:44
I would think it is set to open with Adobe because someone on the computer associated the .laccdb filetype with Adobe Reader. By default, a laccdb locking file is used with accdb databases. There is no reason to change anything. .ldb was used with .mdb databases.

By default, it will open with no application, however if someone set the "Opens With" to Adobe Reader/whatever it will change the icon to a pdf looking file.

Last edited:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:44
a .ldb, .laccdb is a data file, and although it can be viewed with notepad. I am not sure if all the characters get displayed, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom