Solved Logic Help (1 Viewer)

brandywinefarm

Local time
Today, 02:55
I used to do access databases years ago and am restarting so I am very rusty...and I'm getting older so there's that :/

Facts:

Contacts Table ("people") Std contact table...Names, email, phone, whether they are a client or Partner, Status, Spouse name, Parter company (if)
Course Table ("Coursetitles") List of all the courses available to teach....Courseid, Coursetitle, description
Classes Tables ("classes") List of all classes taught... Date, CourseID, Location, Sponsor
Class Attendance Log ("ClassAttendanceLog") List of who took which classes... Just ClassID and PeopleID

Issue:
So I want to make it easy for an admin to take a sign-in sheet from a class and
1. enter that the class was taught (got that form done!)
2. Easily enter all the people that attended
Note: Many of the people may not be in the Contacts table yet.

So, if I make a form with the CLASSID info at the top and make a subform (datasheet view) where the admin can just enter all the people that came, is that the best logical way? What happens if she has to enter in new contact info for a new person in the middle of entering the sign-in sheet?

Is there a better way? Am I thinking of this backwards?

Any help/ideas appreciated.

{Geezer Chick}

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:55
use Combobox on entering participants so you will know if the participant is New.
add code to NotInList so you can add the New participant.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 02:55
The main form would be based on Course and the bottom would be a continous subform based on Class Attendance. It would simply be a drop down based on Contacts where the user would select a name and it would put the courseid and their contactsid into Class Attendance. If a person doesn't appear in the drop down you would have a button on the main form that said 'Add New Contact' and when clicked would open a dialog for the user to enter the new person's info into Contacts. Upon closing it would referesh the Course form and their name would now be available in the drop down.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:55
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Another, although slightly more complicated, approach is to use a multi select method to add all the attendees at once. You can use a listbox or a popup form for something like that.

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:55
here is a demo.
type "new" participant to the list.

Attachments

• ClassDemo.accdb
    556 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom