Looking to make a receipt maker for my company. (1 Viewer)

OfficialChad

Local time
Today, 13:30
I have been looking to make a receipt maker for my company depending on the service i have provided. Is this something I would use access for or should I just look at using some other MS program for this? if you know of anything that i has been done that is like this could you please provide information about it. The recipt would be printed using a thermal print would this be an issue for acces?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:30
Hi. Printing something out should be doable using Access, Excel, or Word. Using a thermal printer wouldn't be a problem either.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:30
Have you started creating your tables yet?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:30
There are a number of sample table models that might give you a start:
Order Entry, Customer Service, Time and Billing are samples to look at to see if they resonate. I don't recommend MS Templates because they are full of poor practices starting with their naming conventions but if you have no idea how to start, download these three and look at them. Then take ideas from each and start your own using best practices which we will help you with.

You will also see pretty templates in Excel and Word. I might look at those for presentation ideas but using Excel as a database is a the road to perdition. Just don't do it.

Off the shelf products like Quicken and QuickBooks will do this for you but they may be overkill for your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom