Lookup Wizard added after creation (1 Viewer)

Gretchen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:23
I need to add another field to a table that has already been created, saved and been in use for a while. I need a field called ContactType - no problem - added it fine. I used the Lookup Wizard to create the appropriate names, either CCP or NAC. Saved the table and went to Forms to add the field to the form. I created an unbound field and selected the proper fieldname; but it did not carry the row source over. The form does not have the ability for user to type "c" for CCP or 'n" for NAC, they have to type entire code. How do I get the row source to appear/work?

Thanks!

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
Don't use an unbound field and then set its properties to make it bound, just drag the appropiate field out of the field listing list box you can drag off the toolbar.

Remember that if your form is based on a query then unless you are using the wildcard * to pull all fields you will have to manually add the field to the QBE grid if you want the fields value reflected on the form.

Gretchen

Registered User.
Local time
This form is based directly on the table. This is how the information gets into the table. It's not based on a query.

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
You can still pull the field out of the field listing box to avoid having to bind an unbound control

Gretchen

Registered User.
Local time
Ahhh! Field List never showed on this. So went looking for it on toolbar. Clicked and voilá! Thanks so much! Appreciate the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom