Make details visible when summary clicked (1 Viewer)

ssvec

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:28
I am using a continuous form that displays lines of summary info for each invoice number, when you click on the invoice number the hidden details fields appear for each invoice by using the Click event to change the fields to visible. How can I get the fields for just one of the invoice numbers to show? I have tried If/Then with no luck, when I click on one of the invoice numbers the details for all of them show.

D-Fresh

Registered User.
Local time
You should create a seperate pop-up form with the detailed data you are looking for on it... Then when the invoice number is clicked, you can open up the pop-up form with the data filtered to only that invoice #. Hope that'll help you out.

Doug

ssvec

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your help. I can get the method you suggested to work just fine. What they want me to produce for them is a drill-down report, without using a pop-up, they want it all on the same page so they can "expand" a couple of lines to compare the details, similar to what a datasheet does when you use a subdatasheet. I don't think the datasheet will give me the totals and two row details that I need however.

ssvec

Registered User.
Local time
Doug,
Is a pop-up the same a showing a second form with the details, or does it hover right next to the main form?

D-Fresh

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, you could do it either way.. You can have a second form pop up, or you could use a subform. Keep the Subform's visible property set to false and then when the Invoice # is clicked, you set the subform to visible and filter out the invoice #.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom